Dear Valued Patient,
At Rody Chiropractic, Massage and Health, we have as our priority your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of our staff and practitioners. With the concerns we all have over the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we believe it important to inform you all of the steps we are taking to maintain a safe environment in our clinics. We also thought you should know how the current situation will impact your access to healthcare at our offices.
Rody Chiropractic, Massage, and Health will continue to be open as the International Chiropractic Association has referred to chiropractors as essential health care. This keeps many people out of urgent care and hospitals for reasons other than life-saving and Coronavirus health needs. Washington State Chiropractic Association has also recommended that chiropractic offices in this state remain open with the extensive precautions now being instituted nationally.
Here are some of the precautions we would like you to be aware of and heed as we try to serve you best:
- Please refrain from entering our premises if you have the following conditions or symptoms: respiratory illness, fever, cough and/or shortness of breath.
- Also, if you have been in contact with someone who is known or has suspected exposure to COVID-19
- Or have been in contact with a person who has visited a country outside the US in the last two weeks that the CDC has declared a high-risk site for spreading infection.
Both the massage and chiropractic clinics are instituting the following procedures to ensure preventative measures are being taken to provide an environment that is as safe as possible for our patients and staff:
* Screening all patients at each visit
* Continuous disinfection of all common areas, treatment rooms, bathrooms, door
handles, equipment, and countertops.
- Frequent hand washing and/or use of alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Having alcohol-based sanitizer readily available for all patients and staff.
- Emphasis on proper hand hygiene among our patients and staff.
- Staff and providers are asked to stay home when ill.
Also, we ask that you come to your appointment without unnecessary family or friends accompanying you. If you require someone to drive you to your appointments, we ask that they remain in their vehicle while waiting. Thank you for understanding.
Some other suggestions for your self-care are:
- Stay calm. Limit your consumption of the news. Yes, get the facts but try to avoid immersing yourself in constant news. This causes increased cortisol levels which ultimately make you more susceptible to illness.
- Practice self-care. This is a very good time to recommit to healthy living. Exercise, prayer, healthy meals, have fun, invest in quality time with loved ones, read a book, get back into a hobby, watch comedies and laugh more.
- Get fresh air and sunshine. Spring is here and so make it a point to get outside and go for a walk maintaining a six-foot distance from others. Or get out in your yard and start your garden.
- Some specific nutrients will assist your immunity in keeping strong such as vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin C, zinc and elderberry.
All of us here at Rody Chiropractic, Massage and Health hope and pray that you and your families stay safe and healthy during this time of crisis. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 253-535-6006. We care about you and your health!
Health and God’s grace to you,
Amy Rody, DC
Gordon M Rody, DC
Jon Getbehead, DC
Chris Pirone, DC
Sam Wardell, DC